Ear Nose Throat (ENT)
The SMAH ENT department was started by Dr. Sanjaya Manandhar in 2016. ENT doctors treat a variety of preventative, curative, and rehabilitative services for conditions in the ears, nose, and throat. From basic conditions like congestion of the nose to imbalance problems to sleep problems. ENT doctors do a variety of procedures in the office and operating theater (OT).
Find out more information about ENT at: https://www.enthealth.org/whats-an-ent/
Procedures performed by Dr. Sanjaya in the OPD include:
- Syringing of Ear
- Suctioning of Ear and Nose
- IG packing/ Steroid Packing
- Incision and drainage of hematoma/abscess
- Mucocele excision of lip
- Suturing of Split ear
- Keloid excision of Pinna
- Local steroid injection for OSMF
- Major and Minor dressings
- Chemical cauterization
- Removal of foreign body in ear, nose and throat.
- Anterior nasal packing
- Flexible nasopharyngolarygoscopy (NPL)
- Pure Tone Audiometry (PTA)
- Clinical vestibular tests
Dr. Sanjaya provides the following operative services in the OT:
- Ear surgeries: Myringotomy, Ventilation tube insertion, Myringoplasty, Tympanoplasty, Mastoid surgery, Preauricular sinus excision
- Nose Surgeries : Septoplasty, SMR, Turbinate Surgery
- Neck Surgeries: Tonsillectomy, Adenoidectomy, Sistrunk operation, Surgery of salivary glands, Neck biopsies and other minor neck surgeries.