Urology is a part of health care that deals with diseases of the male and female urinary tract (kidneys, ureters, bladder and urethra). It also deals with the male organs that are able to make babies (penis, testes, scrotum, prostate, etc.). Since health problems in these body parts can happen to everyone, urologic health is important.
Find out more information at: https://www.urologyhealth.org/urologic-conditions/what-is-urology
Common conditions treated by SMAH urologist:
- PCNL (Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy) – a minimally invasive procedure to remove a kidney stone.
- TURP (Transurethral Resection of the Prostate) – a minimally invasive procedure to remove overgrowth of prostate tissue (BPH)
- TURBT (Transurethral Resection of Bladder Tumour) – an procedure used to remove cancerous growths from the bladder
- URSL(Ureteroscopic Lithotripsy) – a minimally invasive procedure to treat ureteric (kidney) stones)
- And many other conditions